I was able to find 0.8.0 in the svn by doing an svn log and finding out this
is r2604 so I just did a svn up -r 2604

This did get rid of the three errors I saw in in Xorg.0.log with the 10.6
version of ivtvdev_drv.o but I have two new ones!

(EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
(EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument

Do they break anything? I don't know yet. I just started playback of a
recording and so far so good but will have to wait to see if it fixes the
freeze problem. I still get this message in dmesg too:

ivtv0-osd warning: Framebuffer is at decoder-relative address 0x00510000 and
has 1704960 bytes.

I see this one a lot in postings but nobody has ever commented on it. I
thing it might occur in lots of systems that are not reporting any problems
(are there any?)

It this does fix it then it posses a question. Does the freeze problem have
anything to do with Xv support? I don't even know what is used with or what
it is but that went starting with version 0.9.0 and my system is compiled
without Xv support, could this be the source of those three errors with
10.6?
(EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)Framebuffer id from dev /dev/fb1is 1
(EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)open /dev/video48 returned  6
(EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)get_fb returned  0 fbid 1

I don't know. If I knew how to enable Xv, I would give it a try. But right
now I am going to patiently wait and see if the freeze goes away with 0.8.0

Steve