Hi Everyone,

i'm experiencing a minor issue when capturing streams from the composite
input. Overall I get good sound and pictures quality is ok although I can
notice a white vertical line scanning from left to right on my tv and I was
wondering if there was anything I could do to fix that. I tried the
different PAL standards without success.

I've checked the source by plugging the composite cable directly in the TV
and it's fine. I've also played the mpg files on another PC and the problem
is still there so it's not a playback issue.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.
Mil

below are a few logs:

v4l2-ctl --all
Driver info:
        Driver name   : ivtv
        Card type     : Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
        Bus info      : 0000:02:01.0
        Driver version: 2561
        Capabilities  : 0x01070051
                Video Capture
                VBI Capture
                Sliced VBI Capture
                Tuner
                Audio
                Radio
                Read/Write
Format:
        Type          : Video Capture
        Width/Height  : 640/480
        Pixel Format  : MPEG
        Field         : Interlaced
        Bytes per Line: 0
        Size Image    : 131072
        Colorspace    : Broadcast NTSC/PAL (SMPTE170M/ITU601)
Format:
        Type           : Sliced VBI Capture
        Service Set    :
        Service Line  0:          /
        Service Line  1:          /
        Service Line  2:          /
        Service Line  3:          /
        Service Line  4:          /
        Service Line  5:          /
        Service Line  6:          /
        Service Line  7:          /
        Service Line  8:          /
        Service Line  9:          /
        Service Line 10:          /
        Service Line 11:          /
        Service Line 12:          /
        Service Line 13:          /
        Service Line 14:          /
        Service Line 15:          /
        Service Line 16:          /
        Service Line 17:          /
        Service Line 18:          /
        Service Line 19:          /
        Service Line 20:          /
        Service Line 21:          /
        Service Line 22:          /
        Service Line 23:          /
        I/O Size       : 0
Format:
        Type            : VBI Capture
        Sampling Rate   : 27000000 Hz
        Offset          : 248 samples (9.18519e-06 secs after leading edge)
        Samples per Line: 1440
        Sample Format   : GREY
        Start 1st Field : 6
        Count 1st Field : 18
        Start 2nd Field : 318
        Count 2nd Field : 18
Video input : 2 (Composite 1)
Audio input : 1 (Line In 1)
Frequency: 6400 (400.000000 MHz)
Video standard = 0x0000000f
        PAL-B/B1/G/H
Tuner:
        Capabilities         : 62.5 kHz multi-standard stereo lang1 lang2
        Frequency range      : 44.0 MHz - 958.0 MHz
        Signal strength      : 99%
        Current audio mode   : lang1
        Available subchannels: mono lang2

ivtv: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
ivtv:  ==================== START INIT IVTV ====================
ivtv:  version 0.10.1 (tagged release) loading
ivtv:  Linux version: 2.6.20-1.2307.fc5 mod_unload 686 4KSTACKS
ivtv:  In case of problems please include the debug info between
ivtv:  the START INIT IVTV and END INIT IVTV lines, along with
ivtv:  any module options, when mailing the ivtv-users mailinglist.
ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge card (cx23416 based)
ivtv0: Unreasonably low latency timer, setting to 64 (was 32)
ivtv0: loaded v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw firmware (376836 bytes)
ivtv0: Encoder revision: 0x02060039
ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
tuner 1-0043: chip found @ 0x86 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
tuner 1-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
cx25840 1-0044: cx25843-23 found @ 0x88 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
wm8775 1-001b: chip found @ 0x36 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
ivtv0: Registered device video0 for encoder MPEG (4 MB)
ivtv0: Registered device video32 for encoder YUV (2 MB)
ivtv0: Registered device vbi0 for encoder VBI (1 MB)
ivtv0: Registered device video24 for encoder PCM audio (1 MB)
ivtv0: Registered device radio0 for encoder radio
ivtv0: Initialized Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150, card #0
ivtv0: Removed Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150, card #0