On Jan 14, 2008 12:25 PM, Tomasz Sterna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Pn, 2008-01-14 at 10:05 -0700, Blayde wrote:
> > Yes I edited it. They correspond to my user name and company realm
> > which I'm sure are correct.
>
> I would try installing 'ldapsearch' tool on the jabberd machine and
> trying the query manually.
> That could reveal the ldap client library problems. (Most I have seen
> are related to TLS certs.)
>
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for putting up with me :)

I've installed ldapscripts and found that I can bind and search w/ no
problems using ldapsearch as long as I specify -x for simple auth.
Knowing this, I have switched from ldapfull to ldap for authentication
on jabberd. I'm pretty sure the actual search and auth is now working
because jabberd doesn't throw any errors, but pidgin just continuously
hangs on the Connecting part and never connects all the way. After I
uncheck the connection in pidgin, here's what I find in my c2s.log:

Tue Jan 15 17:11:24 2008 [notice] [6] [10.0.7.198, port=46122] connect
Tue Jan 15 17:11:31 2008 [notice] [6] SASL authentication succeeded:
mechanism=PLAIN; authzid=<user here>@<realm here>
Tue Jan 15 17:11:31 2008 [notice] [6] bound: jid=<user here>@<realm here>/Work
Tue Jan 15 17:16:37 2008 [notice] [6] [10.0.7.198, port=46122]
disconnect jid=<user here>@<realm here>/Work, packets: 1

In sm.log, I don't actually find anything about starting a session,
but I don't know if that's normal or not...

Again, any help is much appreciated.
-- 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sudo make me a sandwich
blayde is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
_______________________________________________
Jabberd2 mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xiaoka.com/listinfo.cgi/jabberd2-xiaoka.com

Reply via email to