Dear all,

when running

      sudo jailhouse enable configs/qemu-vm.cell

I get

      JAILHOUSE_ENABLE: Invalid argument

The tracing console says

      hypervisor/arch/x86/amd_iommu.c:329: returning error -EINVAL

meaning that the following condition fails:

      327  /* Protect against accidental VT-d configs. */
      328  if (!iommu->amd_bdf)

Therefore, apparently I have misconfigured some setting about AMD IOMMU.
However, looking at the documentation I have not found any AMD-specific setting.

Here is some further information about my configuration:

HOST:
 - Linux distribution: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
 - Linux kernel: 4.4.0-36 x86_64
 - Qemu version: 2.7.0

GUEST:
 - Linux distribution: Linux Mint 18 Sarah
 - Linux kernel: 4.4.0-36 x86_64
 - Kernel boot param: memmap=66M$0x3b000000
 - Run through the following command: qemu-system-x86_64 -machine q35 -m 1G
-enable-kvm -smp 4 -cpu
host,-kvm_pv_eoi,-kvm_steal_time,-kvm_asyncpf,-kvmclock,+x2apic -drive
file="Mint.vdi",id=disk,if=none -device ide-hd,drive=disk -serial stdio -serial
vc -s -net user,hostfwd=tcp::22222-:22 -net nic

Many thanks and best regards,

             Claudio