On Monday, 17 October 2016 18:37:53 UTC+3, J. Kiszka  wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> On 2016-10-15 21:31, Dan Zach wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to transfer Ethernet controller to an inmate real-time cell:
> >
> > - It is only PCI device on Jetson TK1, so I need to transfer the PCI
> > controller to an inmate cell?
> >
> > - I can still do the PCI enumeration on the root cell ( or even on Linux
> > prior to opening the jailhouse) and then just transferring the relevant
> > access addresses to the inmate cell, right?
> >
> > - If it wasn't a single PCI device, is there a way to split PCI devices
> > among the root and inmates? (e.g. Ethernet goes to inmate A, but another
> > PCI device stays at root)?
>
> There are first patches to enable PCI on ARM, see wip/arm-ivshmem.
> However, these patches where first of all hacked up to emulate PCI and
> provide that shared memory device, and they weren't used yet to
> partition a real PCI bus. May magically work, or we may still miss some
> bits, need to look into details. Maybe after getting the ARM64 stuff out
> (that should be soon).
>
> For now, using PCI in one cell mean taking away any access from the
> other. So you will probably have to disable PCI completely in the root
> cell (not sure if that will work on the Jetson).
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA ITP SES-DE

Just a quick update, in case anybody needs the same tweak:

I allowed linux to take care of the Ethernet controller bring-up and then
disable the interrupts of the controller. I have transferred the whole PCIe
domain and the physical address of the Realtek 8169 registers, which is
assigned dynamically during the PCI enumeration (but it is always the same
value) to the inmate.

Both are listed just as plain memory regions, without any PCI specifics.

I manage to read the MAC address out of the RTL8169 registers from the inmate.
The conclusion:
1.on Jetson-tk1, PCIe serves only the Ethernet controller (at the default
configuration), so PCIe is not missed much by the root cell
2. PCIe can be relocated to an inmate as a plain memory region

Dan