2008/12/23, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>:
> I was about (and commit it) just including the compiler in our jallib
> packages, as a default. That is, not providing more packages.
>
> Do you want more packages  (with and without compiler) ?
>
> OK about including the compiler version in the package filename.
Not for me... The compiler is not that big and you can always choose
to ignore it.

> To do what you say, I use
> symlinks: "jallib" pointing to the one I want.
Eh... you understand it is difficult for me to admit but this is an
important feature that is lacking in windows...

> If you also want to get rid
> of the version, you can simply rename it, can't you ? No base directory
> is... well... this is how zip are usually made, and I really, really don't
> like that, because when you unzip, it can polute all your current directory.
It's not about us, it's about most users. They just want to stay up to
date with the most recent version. Not keep all previous versions. And
not change the path settings or having to check if they actually use
the newest version installed.


Joep

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to