Hi Kyle,

Kyle wrote:

> For reasons known only to MicroChip, the 12 & 14 bit cores count the code area
> in words, whereas the 16 bit cores count it in bytes (though every instruction
> is two bytes, or one word).
> 
> Prior to jal 2.4l-beta, this was no being handled correctly. The code
> generation was correct, but the assembly output did not match mpasm. This
> ended up causing not only confusion but a problem when generating `asm goto n'
> -- the result ended up being `goto 2n'.
> 
> This has been fixed, but the generated device files for the 16 bit cores may
> not be correct. I've not checked. From section 5.1 of
> ``PIC18F2420/2520/4420/4520 Data Sheet'', we see:
> 
> ``The PIC18F2420 and PIC18F4420 each have
> 16 Kbytes of Flash memory and can store up to 8,192
> single-word instructions. The PIC18F2520 and
> PIC18F4520 each have 32 Kbytes of Flash memory
> and can store up to 16,384 single-word instructions.''
> 
> The means, for these chips we need:
> 
> pragma code 16384
> 
> and
> 
> pragma code 32768
> 
> (the total number of bytes available, *not* the total number of words).
> 
> Hopefully this is clear.

Clear, but in contradiction with your evenly clear statement in a 
(personal) message I received from you on the 28th of January:

> pragma code *always* uses words.
> 
> --kyle

So I changed the Jallib device files to specify the amount of memory for 
the 18Fs in number of words.

I assume you are sure (again!) and I'll change the pragma code in the 
Jallib device files for the 18F back to what these were initially: 
specifying number of bytes.

Issue #57 is re-opened.

BTW: 1 The chip definition files for the 18F which you deliver with the 
compiler still use number of words (I checked 2420 and 2520).
BTW 2: The file JalPragm.txt does not mention the units, please update!

Regards, Rob.




-- 
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to