Greetings,

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 01:27:18 +0200, a.faber wrote
> >> I assume you are sure (again!) and I'll change the pragma code in
> >> the Jallib device files for the 18F back to what these were
> >> initially: specifying number of bytes.
> >>
> 
> Hi Kyle,
> Still a bit confused, for the PIC 14 bit architecture (16f devices)
>  we have to specify the number of "14 bit words" and for 18f devices 
> the number of bytes (= #16 bit words * 2)? If so, this does not seem 
> to be consistent, or do I overlook something? Albert

It is not consistent -- talk with MicroChip. Look at the assembly output of a
16 bit core v. a 14 bit one. On the former, the program counter advances by
two for each instruction, on the later it advances by one.

So...I made changes to be consistent with MicroChip. If it would be better to
have device consistency that works also. It's only software ;)

--kyle


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to