>
>
> I've started working on the issues with the PWM libraries. So you may
> all proceed with your own Jallib activities....
>
> Please help me with understanding the following:
>
> 1. in pwm_ccp1.jal
>
> > procedure pwm1_set_dutycycle(byte in duty) is
> >    ccpr1l_shadow = duty
> >    CCPR1L  = ccpr1l_shadow   -- reload 8 high order bits of dutycycle
> >    CCP1CON = ccp1con_shadow  -- reload 2 low  order bits of dutycycle
> > end procedure
>
> When setting low resolution mode I think the 2 low order bits of the 10
> for the duty cycle should be explicitly set to '00'.  True or false?


>From what I can understand, ccp1con_shadow is init to 0, and then never
changed when using low resolution.


>
> 2. Setting PWM in high resolution mode activates PWM, same with
> percent_dutycycle. Why not when setting PWM in low resolution mode?
> Seems more consistent to let these procedures all active PWM.


Yes, it seems.


>
> 3. in pwm_ccp1.jal
>
> > procedure pwm1_off() is
> >    -- pwm mode off, but keep 2 LSbits values
> >    ccp1con_shadow = ccp1con_shadow & !0b_0000_1100
> >    CCP1CON = ccp1con_shadow
> > end procedure
>
> This leaves the CCP module in some Capture/Compare mode state (bits 0
> and 1 could be any value). I assume it is very unlikely that someone
> 'hot' switches the CCP module alternately for PWM and Capture/Compare
> mode.  Therefore I think it would be better to switch off the whole CCP
> module with:
>    ccp1con_shadow = ccp1con_shadow & !0b_0000_1111
>
>
Sorry, I don't see what you mean. DS says "11xx", so it should be ok with
current version, right ? Is it a "be explicit" issue ?


Cheers,
Seb

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to