On Apr 16, 5:32 am, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
> This probably means we're almost there :)  So what is your next step?

I guess Wouter would say we (you) have finished the 'easy' part, and
next comes the hard part - semantic processing.  Taking the tree for
each statement and generating C output.

> This means the statement is part of the parser and is executed for
> each 'statement'. This is a very powerfull feature. However, to remain
> language- and application-independant, I wrote some c-code to walk the
> tree when parsing is completed. With similar code, the only remaining
> difference are the options. I suggest to keep Java options default so
> you can debug the code without any change. I'll make a small perl
> script (or maybe even sed) to substitute java by C to completely
> automate the build process.
> And on language-independency: we need code to make inlcude work, so
> total language independency won't be possible for real applications of
> the grammar.

I only dropped back to Python because I wanted to give it a quick try.
I will set up a development environment that is compatible with your C
approach. Later, I may look at Python again.  If I understand
correctly, I need to have Java and its SDK, and C, all on the same
system, correct?

Thank you,

William

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to