Hi William,

> OK, that makes it easier for me. I'll see if I can come up with a
> posix-style makefile for my Ubuntu system - if it works, I could check
> it into SVN if you like.
A makefile is required, so please do.

> Also, I wasn't kidding when I suggested that you move your name to the
> top as primary author of the grammar!
Okay, I changed it...

> What platform do you want to try JAL on?  I know it is a long way off,
> but it is fun to think about - gives a nice goal/incentive.  At first,
> we can just work on any system with a C compiler and write a JAL
> wrapper for putchar() and get some JAL code running that prints the
> typical "hello world".  After that, we could go with Arduino, or
> LPC2xxx, or a bigger Microchip, like 30F or 24F, or...
>
> Your thoughts?
First of all, I don't know if that is such a long way off before the
first code is running. Once the tree is in place, simple code jal code
should be able to generate working C code. That first C code will
probably be compiled on a pc. This will require the code generator,
but as features are added, also libraries to support (or map) specific
funtions and of course a way to tell the c-compiler which includes are
required.
And once that works, it could be run on any system. I have a few
atmega boards, so that will probably my test targets, next to the pc.
And just to prove it works, I could try it on an arm7 board or my new
atXmega board...
I've also been thinking about (regression) tests and test code like
the startersguide-code could be usefull: enumerated code blocks that
run particular statemens and emit test data to the serial port. This
kind of code can be run on a pic (with the real JAL compiler) and on
an other system. Caputre both outputs and compare to see the
differences (if any).

But once we are there, I don't think I'll use the convertor often. For
me; it is the chalange to get this running.

Btw, the last verion commited converts 446 of 449 files from the
include directory. Only 3 usb libs contain a few statements that need
attention.

Joep

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to