On 24 Aug 2010, at 16:02 , Sebastien Lelong wrote:

Hi guys,

Some more progress on Cuckoo's nest... I've built my first Cuckoo, thanks to Vasile Sir Ducan who kindly sent me CNC-made PCBs. Here's a page showing my trials (this is only about assembly):

http://justanotherlanguage.org/content/jaluino/blog/cuckoo- first-surgery

The main problem I have is the pin headers I use: they hardly plug onto Atmega socket. I'd need some smaller pins, maybe less rigid but can't find something in my toolbox. If you have any idea, please comment !

There are low-profile chip sockets like this:

http://nl.farnell.com/harwin/d01f6020001/socket-sil-on-carrier/dp/519959

You press these in 1mm holes and you can still remove the PIC. €0.23 per pin.

Ø 0.5mm pins:

http://nl.farnell.com/harwin/d01-9923246/header-1row-32way/dp/1022218

€0.10 per pin




---
ir EE van Andel [email protected]  http://www.fiwihex.nl
Fiwihex B.V. Wierdensestraat 74, NL7604BK Almelo, Netherlands
tel+31-546-491106 fax+31-546-491107


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to