I never came across any registers that can do special things for the
hard drive like offsets. I'm sure however that there are additional
registers that I don't know about, used by some drive manufacturers.

Once I was looking up password protection on IBM laptop drives.
Sometimes people password protect these drives and lock themselves out
with valuable data on it. I was thinking about just using brute force
to guess the password, but after 3 incorrect tries, you have to reset
the drive. I'm not sure how long it would take for that drive reset,
or what type of reset it requires. This password is actually written
on the platters in a hidden location, switching the pcb of two drives
doesn't help. I never tried, I just read about it. I do wish I could
get to those hidden sectors, although the password is probably
encrypted as well.

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to