> I read the readme and it looks good.
> The only thing which looks like a 'design error' to me is the special
> meaning of 'sample' in the filename, since it is redundant and makes
> it only more complex for the user. The use of ***split*** in the file
> should trigger the described behaviour.

Yes, I was wondering what to name this file. Instead of
fat32_sample.jal, what should it be called? I cannot just remove
"_sample" or it will be named the same as "fat32.jal". maybe
fat32_header_footer.jal

I do see even that is not needed since I can just search the file for
***split***. but the file still needs a name.

> And a syntax suggestion to make parsing easier: as a convention, there
> are no spaces in filenames or paths of jallib. So why not use spaces
> to create lists and leave the ',' out? This way, '->' separates the
> different join sections and each section consists of one or more
> space-separated filenames...

I don't think it really matters if ',' is used or space. I just put
',' as a separator since it seems to be a usual way of splitting a
string like "18f4620,18f4525" into an array. Or even when writing a
sentance. "I use 18f452, 18f4620, 16f877a and 18f67j50 for
development".

> And finaly a question: how can you use a file that is not in the
> default directory?

easy, just put the directory name in front of anything:
device/18f4620,device/18f4525 -> !delay -> matt/serial_hardware

So the directory would be "blocks/device/". I could search each string
for "/" and ignore the blocks dir.

Better feedback then I expected, thanks! Mainly, I like the fact that
I can chance one snippet and affect all my sample types that use it
(without editing each sample type). I also think this may be quite
nice if put in a IDE. Do you think this would be useful if I converted
to python?

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to