Joep,
You have my okay to change it as needed to match jallib guidelines.
About disabling the interrupts, I never even thought about doing that.
I guess it was because when I was playing around with it I was vision
restricted to the purpose at hand. I see where including it in another
project that used interrupts could cause a malfunction of the library
and disabling interrupts at the beginning of the procedure and then re-
enabling them would be a good idea. Worst case scenario on
transmitting is sending a command that consists of all 1's to an
address of all 1's and this comes to about 24 milliseconds, on
reception I would speculate 2 to 2.5 times this or 50 to 75
milliseconds.

Mike

On Dec 4, 3:03 am, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> 2010/12/4 MikeReynolds <[email protected]>:> Matt, the SIRC protocol defines a 
> "1" as 1.2 milliseonds of carrier
> > followed by 600 microseconds of no carrier and  a "0" as 600
> > microseconds of no carrier followed by 1.2 milliseconds of carrier.
> > The code you reference is for transmission and really should not be
> > interrupted by anything else.
>
> I guess you should disable interrupts (like serial_software does) to
> be more robust.
>
> >  As far as blocking delays the entire
> > library is full of blocking delays
>
> So is the serial_software library which is part of jallib from the start...
>
> > if you can figure out a way of
> > doing it without them then by all means go ahead. I would welcome the
> > education this would give me.
>
> You'd have to use a fixed interval ISR. Reception could be done with
> the same fixed interval ISR or with interrupt on change pins.
> The downside of such a sollution is that with use of the library, you
> include 'background activity' which is not obvious to the average
> user.
> Until now, most jallib libraries are pretty straight-forward (which is
> not necessarily simple or easy). From here, there will probably more
> complex ones (like the servo library, and remote control ones). They
> either impact on the existing code (like blocking functions with
> interupts disabled) or require specific setup, like a 200 or 300us
> delay interval in your case. In either case, it will reduce the
> posibility to mix libraries and probably also the chips certain
> combinations can be used with.
> I thought of a 'framework-like' sollution, eg a fixed interval ISR of
> say 100us to base these kind of libraries on. This is however probably
> sub-optimal for most cases and quite expensive for a single sollution.
> Bottom line is I doubt it would be better for TX. I did not dig into
> RX, but if it can be polled and is only blocking when there is an
> actual IR signal, I guess this is the best for a basic library too.
>
> > As far as having the library for jallib, the link I posted has the
> > library formatted to jallib standards at the time it was written. I
> > actually thought I had submitted it back then to someone for approval
> > and inclusion but must not have ever sent it. Anyone that would like
> > to run a check on it for jallib standards and style can do so and
> > adapt it as needed for inclusion so long as my original header with
> > copyright notice is included.
>
> A quick check learned that the the TX file is pretty close. A few
> capitals and some remarks on the header. Would it be okay to change
> the header to comply with jallib format as long as we keep all info in
> your header?
>
> Joep

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to