Only NEC protocol remote at hand...

On Jan 1, 2:57 pm, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'll commit a few samples for sirc. Anybody around that can test if
> they work okay?
>
> Thanks,
> Joep
>
> 2010/12/5 MikeReynolds <[email protected]>:
>
> > Joep,
> > You have my okay to change it as needed to match jallib guidelines.
> > About disabling the interrupts, I never even thought about doing that.
> > I guess it was because when I was playing around with it I was vision
> > restricted to the purpose at hand. I see where including it in another
> > project that used interrupts could cause a malfunction of the library
> > and disabling interrupts at the beginning of the procedure and then re-
> > enabling them would be a good idea. Worst case scenario on
> > transmitting is sending a command that consists of all 1's to an
> > address of all 1's and this comes to about 24 milliseconds, on
> > reception I would speculate 2 to 2.5 times this or 50 to 75
> > milliseconds.
>
> > Mike
>
> > On Dec 4, 3:03 am, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Hi Mike,
>
> >> 2010/12/4 MikeReynolds <[email protected]>:> Matt, the SIRC protocol 
> >> defines a "1" as 1.2 milliseonds of carrier
> >> > followed by 600 microseconds of no carrier and  a "0" as 600
> >> > microseconds of no carrier followed by 1.2 milliseconds of carrier.
> >> > The code you reference is for transmission and really should not be
> >> > interrupted by anything else.
>
> >> I guess you should disable interrupts (like serial_software does) to
> >> be more robust.
>
> >> >  As far as blocking delays the entire
> >> > library is full of blocking delays
>
> >> So is the serial_software library which is part of jallib from the start...
>
> >> > if you can figure out a way of
> >> > doing it without them then by all means go ahead. I would welcome the
> >> > education this would give me.
>
> >> You'd have to use a fixed interval ISR. Reception could be done with
> >> the same fixed interval ISR or with interrupt on change pins.
> >> The downside of such a sollution is that with use of the library, you
> >> include 'background activity' which is not obvious to the average
> >> user.
> >> Until now, most jallib libraries are pretty straight-forward (which is
> >> not necessarily simple or easy). From here, there will probably more
> >> complex ones (like the servo library, and remote control ones). They
> >> either impact on the existing code (like blocking functions with
> >> interupts disabled) or require specific setup, like a 200 or 300us
> >> delay interval in your case. In either case, it will reduce the
> >> posibility to mix libraries and probably also the chips certain
> >> combinations can be used with.
> >> I thought of a 'framework-like' sollution, eg a fixed interval ISR of
> >> say 100us to base these kind of libraries on. This is however probably
> >> sub-optimal for most cases and quite expensive for a single sollution.
> >> Bottom line is I doubt it would be better for TX. I did not dig into
> >> RX, but if it can be polled and is only blocking when there is an
> >> actual IR signal, I guess this is the best for a basic library too.
>
> >> > As far as having the library for jallib, the link I posted has the
> >> > library formatted to jallib standards at the time it was written. I
> >> > actually thought I had submitted it back then to someone for approval
> >> > and inclusion but must not have ever sent it. Anyone that would like
> >> > to run a check on it for jallib standards and style can do so and
> >> > adapt it as needed for inclusion so long as my original header with
> >> > copyright notice is included.
>
> >> A quick check learned that the the TX file is pretty close. A few
> >> capitals and some remarks on the header. Would it be okay to change
> >> the header to comply with jallib format as long as we keep all info in
> >> your header?
>
> >> Joep
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> > "jallib" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> > [email protected].
> > For more options, visit this group 
> > athttp://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to