Hi Burt,

It is probably not yet added to the release-file (and I must confess I
don't know how and when each pakage is generated).

You can grab it from the repository
http://code.google.com/p/jallib/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Finclude%2Fexternal%2Fremote_control

The samples are in
http://code.google.com/p/jallib/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fsample

Joep

2011/1/1 Burt Ratliff <[email protected]>:
> I downloaded the latest jallibs it didn't have a  sirc. lib ?
>
> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 5:30 AM, funlw65(Vasi) <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Only NEC protocol remote at hand...
>>
>> On Jan 1, 2:57 pm, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Hi Guys,
>> >
>> > I'll commit a few samples for sirc. Anybody around that can test if
>> > they work okay?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Joep
>> >
>> > 2010/12/5 MikeReynolds <[email protected]>:
>> >
>> > > Joep,
>> > > You have my okay to change it as needed to match jallib guidelines.
>> > > About disabling the interrupts, I never even thought about doing that.
>> > > I guess it was because when I was playing around with it I was vision
>> > > restricted to the purpose at hand. I see where including it in another
>> > > project that used interrupts could cause a malfunction of the library
>> > > and disabling interrupts at the beginning of the procedure and then
>> > > re-
>> > > enabling them would be a good idea. Worst case scenario on
>> > > transmitting is sending a command that consists of all 1's to an
>> > > address of all 1's and this comes to about 24 milliseconds, on
>> > > reception I would speculate 2 to 2.5 times this or 50 to 75
>> > > milliseconds.
>> >
>> > > Mike
>> >
>> > > On Dec 4, 3:03 am, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > >> Hi Mike,
>> >
>> > >> 2010/12/4 MikeReynolds <[email protected]>:> Matt, the SIRC protocol
>> > >> defines a "1" as 1.2 milliseonds of carrier
>> > >> > followed by 600 microseconds of no carrier and  a "0" as 600
>> > >> > microseconds of no carrier followed by 1.2 milliseconds of carrier.
>> > >> > The code you reference is for transmission and really should not be
>> > >> > interrupted by anything else.
>> >
>> > >> I guess you should disable interrupts (like serial_software does) to
>> > >> be more robust.
>> >
>> > >> >  As far as blocking delays the entire
>> > >> > library is full of blocking delays
>> >
>> > >> So is the serial_software library which is part of jallib from the
>> > >> start...
>> >
>> > >> > if you can figure out a way of
>> > >> > doing it without them then by all means go ahead. I would welcome
>> > >> > the
>> > >> > education this would give me.
>> >
>> > >> You'd have to use a fixed interval ISR. Reception could be done with
>> > >> the same fixed interval ISR or with interrupt on change pins.
>> > >> The downside of such a sollution is that with use of the library, you
>> > >> include 'background activity' which is not obvious to the average
>> > >> user.
>> > >> Until now, most jallib libraries are pretty straight-forward (which
>> > >> is
>> > >> not necessarily simple or easy). From here, there will probably more
>> > >> complex ones (like the servo library, and remote control ones). They
>> > >> either impact on the existing code (like blocking functions with
>> > >> interupts disabled) or require specific setup, like a 200 or 300us
>> > >> delay interval in your case. In either case, it will reduce the
>> > >> posibility to mix libraries and probably also the chips certain
>> > >> combinations can be used with.
>> > >> I thought of a 'framework-like' sollution, eg a fixed interval ISR of
>> > >> say 100us to base these kind of libraries on. This is however
>> > >> probably
>> > >> sub-optimal for most cases and quite expensive for a single
>> > >> sollution.
>> > >> Bottom line is I doubt it would be better for TX. I did not dig into
>> > >> RX, but if it can be polled and is only blocking when there is an
>> > >> actual IR signal, I guess this is the best for a basic library too.
>> >
>> > >> > As far as having the library for jallib, the link I posted has the
>> > >> > library formatted to jallib standards at the time it was written. I
>> > >> > actually thought I had submitted it back then to someone for
>> > >> > approval
>> > >> > and inclusion but must not have ever sent it. Anyone that would
>> > >> > like
>> > >> > to run a check on it for jallib standards and style can do so and
>> > >> > adapt it as needed for inclusion so long as my original header with
>> > >> > copyright notice is included.
>> >
>> > >> A quick check learned that the the TX file is pretty close. A few
>> > >> capitals and some remarks on the header. Would it be okay to change
>> > >> the header to comply with jallib format as long as we keep all info
>> > >> in
>> > >> your header?
>> >
>> > >> Joep
>> >
>> > > --
>> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > > Groups "jallib" group.
>> > > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > > [email protected].
>> > > For more options, visit this group
>> > > athttp://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "jallib" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected].
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to