2011/2/5 Oliver Seitz <[email protected]>
>
> Err, I must admit that I wrote more in general... I haven't had a look at
> none of the schematics or drawings...
>
> First, to clear a bit confusion:
> Schottky: A diode that is usually significantly faster than silicon diodes,
> and has a lover voltage drop (~ 0.3V). Reverse polarity is however limited,
> 30V is common. There exist types that can withstand higher voltage, but the
> speed decreases due to the capacitance.
>
> Zener: A silicon diode that conducts on straight polarity and insulates on
> reverse. But from a certain ("breakdown") voltage upward, zener diodes start
> conducting even in reverse polarity. This voltage is not very accurate, and
> there is a quite soft bend in the curve, no corner, when it starts
> conducting. It can be used to limit voltages, but in regulation it's usually
> not the best choice.
>
Yeah sorry, I meant Zener. Thanks for the clarifications. Ideally what I
would to do, when add Vdd level (output of regulator or direct output, near
"Vdd" arrow ), is:
if voltage <= 3.3V then
Vdd = voltage
else
Vdd = 3.3V
end if
:)
Cheers
Seb
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.