Hi Matt,
On 01/04/12 07:00 am, mattschinkel wrote:
I would be willing to do name conversion if we choose to do so.
Authors should not disagree with this change, but if they do we can do
what we did with the spi lib.
Thanks! Of course I'll update my library when needed.
As you've probably seen I've added a wiki with USART related registers
and bits. This is meant as base for discussion about a possible revision
of the naming convention for serial libraries.
My impression is that the current device files and serial libraries
(supporting the only or first USART) need not many changes when we would
agree that using 'unqualified' names (no '1' in the names) is acceptable.
When support for the second USART is needed it could be a separate
library (which must use qualified names of course). I don't think a
library supporting 2 USARTs is better (as replacement for the current
serial libraries).
For the naming convention in the device files this would mean:
- for the first or only USART unqualified names should be declared (as
'native' name or as alias)
- for the second USART a '2' should be in the register names. I think I
would prefer the '2' as last character (e.g. RCREG2) and not embedded
(like RC2REG).
Anybody another opinion or suggestion?
Regards, Rob.
--
R. Hamerling, Netherlands --- http://www.robh.nl
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.