From: jallib@googlegroups.com <jallib@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Zet Weeh
<zet.w...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2023 10:08:42 AM
To: jallib <jallib@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [jallib] Re: 18f4431 problems

Hi Jos

I think it isn't a microprocessor problem.
Did you use a new PICKit3 or use it with MPlab?
Because you can't load a program and seeing the code of the error-message I
think the PICKit3 has the firmware for MPlab
and you wanna use the stand-alone version.

Do this to load the stand-alone firmware:
1 Start the PICKit3
2 Open 'Tools' - Download PICKit Operating system'
3 Now 'Open PK 3 OS file'
4 Go to C:\Program files\Microchip|PICKit3
5 Click: 'PK30SVO200005.hex'
6 Click 'Open'
7 Follow the screen
8 When PICKit3 is ready: close and restart

Succes
Peter