Well certainly a better guess than what I could come up with.
Heh. This was part of a children's book that I had picked up this
weekend. It's been fun trying to translate it and get some practice in
reading hiragana, just got stuck on page 2 though. Hehe. 

-K

--- In [email protected], herry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The 'no' is a nominalizer like -ing in english.   I think it means
> "what is there to eat?"--  I get this by turning the thing around,
> 'tabeteruno wa nani?'   (as for eating, what?)
> 
> but don't take my word for it.  I'm guessing !!!  :)
> 
> 
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 02:55:52 -0000, KoOkY! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > "Nani tabeteruno"
> > 
> > I know nani is what, and tabe is kinda "like to eat" but don't get the
> > 'teruno' end there. Can anyone give me a breakdown of what each part
> > means? Thanks!
> > 
> > -K





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to