--- In [email protected], "KoOkY!" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
>      Wow, now I'm even more confused. ;) But not from your
> explanation, I'm still just learning and keep wanting to jump ahead
> before I really understand their sentance structure and rules and
> whatever a nominalizer even is. Thanks for the reply!
> 
> -K

Think this way. The structure "Nani -teiru no" means "What are you -
ing?". I'll show you some examples.

-Nani tabeteiru no? (What are you eating?)
-Nani shiteiru no? (What are you doing?)
-Nani miteiru no? (What are you watching/looking at?)

This kind of sentence is colloquial and informal. Japanese textbooks 
usually give sentences like:

-Anata wa nani o tabeteiru no desu ka. 
-Anata wa nani o shiteiru no desu ka.
-Anata wa nani o miteiru no desu ka.

These are grammatical and formal as well as polite, but not really 
natural. I mean they don't use the word "anata" in formal speech, 
and they almost never say this way. (If you drop "anata wa", then 
it's perfectly all right.)
So, keep on reading books for Japanese children, and you'll be 
familiar with natural Japanese.

Kamui






 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to