M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    

Aaron Ackerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    The -nai stem of a verb followed 
by "-zu ni" means "without ___ing."  
Your phrase means "without forgetting."

-naide can also be used to mean "without ____ing."

On Monday, January 9, 2006, at 08:36 PM, ai3131 wrote:

> I often come across this phrase: "Wasurezu ni". What function does
> this verbal conjugation perform in Japanese? Or is this a noun, not a
> verb? In nay case, it seems to be derived from the verb "wasureru" --
>  "to forget about sthg."
>
> - Arian I.
>
>
........................................................
  Arian, I think it will be "Wasure'zuni" >> Because while we translate 
"Without eating" we say Tabe'zuni which is done by chopping off the 'ru' in 
'Taberu' <> so I think it will be wasure'zuni >>without forgetting''  

........................................................
   
  I am sure that it is "without forgetting", you asked for >> So it is 
wasurezuni
   
  "Sore wo wasurenaide kudasai" >> Does it mean please do not ~~ without 
forgetting?
    No>> It means "Please do not forget that "
  And it is I think "Wasurenakute" which you are getting mixed with 
"Wasurenaide"
   
  >.< **Correct me if wrong**
  



Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.yahoo.com 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to