I have watched a whole bunch of Japanese films, anime and live-action,
and often I hear language that I understand to be insults. Examples
are "baka", "aho", "debu", and "ki-sama". In seeing a few yakuza films
I've heard rather rude language (From "Sonatine": "Nan da yo." being
translated as "WTF?")


But doesn't Nan da yo mean "What?".. but if you really say it in a rude way,
well, it may really sound like WTF for americans.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to