BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Try extracting the jar file by  jar xvf jarfile and see if you succeed.
The jar file could be corrupted. You can also start the JVM in manual
mode with -verify option to find out what classes are being loaded.
Which version of JDK are you using?