Hello,

We are using lucene 5.5.2 for search .

We are getting out of memory exception as default LRUQueryCache is occupying
more much more than default 32 MB memory.

Searcher Manager is used here to get an instance of index searcher to perform
search. Default lru query cache and default query cache policy
(UsageTrackingQueryCachingPolicy) is used.

Maximum memory usage/size is 3 GB for our application.

Observation from heap dump:

1. Lucene Codecs CompressingStoredFieldReader objects has consumed ~ 727 MB of
heap

2. Lucene LRUQueryCache objects has consumed ~ 380 MB of heap. Cache instance
is holding up large number of SegmentCoreReaders instances in Map.

Request you to please guide us.

Thanks

Rahul

___ Watch an eGain Customer Service