Hi,

I am developing in my freetime a 3D engine with JOGL and what I try is to
render swing components on top of the heavyweight Canvas.
This would be a realy good debugging solution and it would simplify the
development of HUDs enormously because everything is already shipped with swing
;-).
All I need is a BufferedImage of the JComponents, I could paint the components
explicitly but I would never see mouse rollover animations or get any key/mouse
events because I cant add the JComponents to the Canvas.

It would be realy cool if i could stay with the swing painting pipeline and get
a Image as result, I could map the Image as texture to any shape I want in
future.

hope someone can give me a hint
[Message sent by forum member 'bienator' (bienator)]