Yeah, when I integrated it into my bi-cubic interpolator, it slowed it down
compared to the logical check clamp.  I'm not sure why yet. Maybe it was the
way I integrated it.  I don't know.

In my test suite, the time to interpolate a 944 x 644 image went from 1350ms
using the logical test clamp to 1440ms using the triple shift.  I'm not sure
why...  I work on a real slow (800mhz) machine just so I can see these kinds of
things better.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
So the clamping is 30 to 40% faster. Did you measure what impact does it have
on the overall image processing? How much time does clamping take in the entire
computation of the pixel color (with that bicubic interpolation)?

Kirill
[Message sent by forum member 'kirillcool' (kirillcool)]