> I really like the idea of having the anonymous unions/joins and
> considering that the resulting type system should be a complete lattice
> they sound manageable to me -- both for the compiler and the human
> reader. Does anyone know reasons why no language seems to have this feature?

I'm not much of a PLTist, but I'm guessing the reason uions don't make
it into general purpose, object oriented languages is that they're
inherently structural. Just a guess though. (The alternative is having
to check the runtime type and downcast, which pretty much defeats the
purpose.)

With kind regards
Ben