On 23 Aug., 01:25, Peter Becker <peter.becker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone should probably write a nice book talking only about error
> handling, the different ways to propagate errors (special return values,
> checked exceptions, unchecked exceptions, union types) and the different
> ways to deal with them. A nice chapter on logging strategies would be
> good, too. Maybe one on the errors you can't handle (stuff such as
> external errors, infinite loops, infinite recursion, resource leaks).
> Does anyone know of such a book or volunteer? :-)

Well if you read best-practice/state-of-the-art books like Clean Code,
Code Complete, The Pragmatic Programmer etc. you already get most of
that. But this is the complex world of Java, I have no doubt we could
see a book on logging frameworks and strategies. That's when I think
we need simplicity back so that it won't just be the top 10% reading
books, that will be capable of producing quality code.

/Casper