On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi> wrote:

> Dan Streetman wrote:
>>
>> I did not write the libusb implementation (which I think is the imp you are
>> trying).  I am not sure if the libusb imp author is still on this list...
>
> That's right. The errors related to these 'void CALLBACK(...)' methods are
> all in usb.h. The other errors are in *.c files generated by swig. I'll
> contact the authors of libusb .

I was actually referring to the javax.usb libusb implementation,
meaning the implementation of the javax.usb API using libusb to talk
to the platform's usb interface.  I don't know if the problem is in
the libusb library itself, or in the javax.usb libusb implementation
code.  It's certainly possbile that the problem is in the libusb
implementation code, not in the libusb library.

>And I agree with you that a completion of the javax.usb would be a very good
>thing. Did you ever consider Java ME as well? An implementation of javax-usb
>for Java ME on mobile phones, smart phones and other handsets would be very
>interesting. It would facilitate the development of Java-based mobile
>applications requiring access to USB devices.

Briefly, but I believe when I looked at it the Java ME was pretty
restricted.  It probably is worth looking at again.  If Java ME is so
restricted that the javax.usb API would need to change it would be
difficult though.