Hey Victor,
I did change my settings to the classic way.
Now I just have to get use to it.
Like they say what ever works for you.

PEACE John Carvalho ----- Original Message ----- From: Victor Gouveia To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 2:10 PM
 Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: xp upgrade question

 Hi John,

 If you are having a hard time finding things like the control panel, than that
means that you haven't configured your XP computer to look like Windows 98.

 I'm not sure if you knew this was an option or not, but for a while, Freedom
Scientific was recommending everyone using Jaws switched their XP environment,
such as the display, appearance and theme to Windows 98 or standard.

 Even the files were supposed to be set to Windows Classic.

 If you need help in switching the format, just let us know and we can give you
step by step instructions on how to accomplish this.

 On the other hand, you can also go to the JFW Lite website, under the helpful
hints page, there is a file there on how to configure your computer to work
with Jaws on an XP machine.

 I'm not sure if David has the same type of setting instructions on his tips
and tricks page, so he'll have to let you know about that.

 While the text file on the JFW Lite site is a bit outdated, as I believe
Freedom Scientific no longer recommends everyone switch to the 98 look, you can
still use it's display settings to create your own 98 environment.

 Victor