Hi folks,

I've gone thru every menu in Outlook Express I can find and tried the HELP
menu, but can't find a control panel for the Compacting Messages function. For
some reason, this once-rare pop-up box now suddenly alerts me of its desire to
compact messages every other day. I don't get *that* many messages, and think a
recent bunch of MS updates might have triggered this increased mania to compact
away. I have plenty of empty HD space, so I can't figure out any reason (other
than the MS updates) why OE wants to up the frequency of this function. Can
anybody tell me where the menu might be to control compacting, or even turn it
off? Thanks.

Best,
Joe Monks