I have the icon on my desktop and opening it from there.

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:45 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Winamp taking forever to open.

How are you opening winamp? Do you use the shell options? Do you search for
the programme in the search box, or use the run command?
I find winamp is generally slower on Windowws 10 than it was on Windows XP.
It also takes Windows a lot longer to power up my external USB drive, but
tha'ts not a winamp issue ... just that a lot of my music is on there, and
Windows shuts off the drive pretty much as soon as it's not in use. This
results sometimes in Winamp appearing to lag. .