Good ideas.  I may first try the install.

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Charles Adkins
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 11:25 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Winamp taking forever to open.

Maybe this territory has already been covered. But, have you tried a
complete uninstall and re-install? Have you tried opening with another
screen-reader? If you can re-crute some working eyes, I'd be curious if
Winamp takes as long to load without any screen-reader running?

Just some thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 26, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Judy Jones <sonshine...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Nope, it wouldn't open from the context menu either.
>
> Judy

XP.
> It also takes Windows a lot longer to power up my external USB drive,
> but tha'ts not a winamp issue ... just that a lot of my music is on
> there, and Windows shuts off the drive pretty much as soon as it's not
> in use. This results sometimes in Winamp appearing to lag. .

Creator.