Hi Orlando,

I think the only way you can select items is by pressing the spacebar or
enter on them, but below are navigation tips for your enjoyment.

Navigating With the Touch Cursor
To move to the next or previous object on the screen, press RIGHT or LEFT
ARROW. You can also use TAB or SHIFT+TAB.

To move by a specific object type, press UP or DOWN ARROW. By default, the
UP and DOWN ARROWS will move by regions, or by groups if you are on the
Windows 8 Start Screen. To change what object type these commands move by,
press PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN to cycle through the available types using the
navigation rotor.

For example, if you want the UP or DOWN ARROW keys to move by headings,
press PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN until you hear "headings. Now, pressing UP or
DOWN ARROW will move to the next or previous heading.

Press CTRL+HOME to move to the first object and press CTRL+END to move to
the last object. To announce the current object, press INSERT+UP ARROW. To
perform a Say All, which will cause the Touch Cursor to move through the
application and speak each object, press INSERT+DOWN ARROW.

As you navigate using the ARROW keys, the system focus does not follow the
Touch Cursor. This allows you to freely navigate through objects without
changing the position of the PC Cursor or mouse pointer. Pressing SPACEBAR
or ENTER on the current object will move focus to that object and perform
the appropriate action. For instance, opening a menu, selecting a check box,
or activating a button or link. In addition, a rectangle will be displayed
around the currently selected object to visually indicate the location of
the Touch cursor for sighted users.

To quickly move the Touch Cursor to the object that currently has focus,
press INSERT+NUM PAD PLUS, or CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE if using the laptop
keyboard layout. JAWS will route the Touch Cursor to the currently selected
object and announce it. The Touch Cursor will remain active after performing
this command.

To determine what object types will be announced as you navigate with the
Touch Cursor, press INSERT+V to open Quick Settings, expand the Touch Cursor
Options group, then move to Configure Types. This group lists all available
types that can be navigated to using the Touch Cursor. Use the SPACEBAR to
select or clear a type. Types that are selected are announced while types
that are not selected are ignored.

Note: The Configure Types option only appears in Quick Settings if the Touch
Cursor is currently active when Quick Settings is opened.

Touch Cursor Navigation Quick Keys
While the Touch Cursor is active, you can use Navigation Quick Keys to
quickly jump to various types of objects, such as regions, headings, links,
form controls, and so on. These commands are similar to the Navigation Quick
Keys that are used when navigating HTML and PDF documents with the Virtual
PC Cursor.

By default, Touch Navigation Quick Keys are not enabled when the Touch
Cursor is activated. This allows you to fully use applications that support
typing in the main window. For example, the Windows 8 News app lets you type
so you can quickly locate specific stories.

If you would like Touch Navigation Quick keys to be enabled automatically
when the Touch Cursor is activated in a specific application, press INSERT+V
to open Quick Settings while focused in the application, navigate to the
Touch Cursor Options group, and select Touch Quick Keys. You can also press
INSERT+Z while the Touch Cursor is active to temporarily toggle Touch
Navigation Quick Keys on or off.

The following Navigation Quick Keys are available:

Note: You can add the SHIFT Key to any of these commands to move to the
previous occurrence of that element.

A - Next radio button
B - Next button
C - Next combo box
D - Next document
E - Next edit field
F - Next form field
G - Next image
H - Next heading
I - Next list item
K - Next link
L - Next list
M - Next menu
O - Next tool bar
P - Next pane
Q - Next tab
R - Next region
S - Next occurrence of static text
T - Next table
U - Next group
V - Next tree view
X - Next check box
Z - Next status b
Dave Carlson

From: Londa Peterson
Here's some more from the JAWS help

Touch Cursor SHIFT+NUM PAD PLUS
Next Object RIGHT ARROW or TAB
Prior Object LEFT ARROW or SHIFT+TAB
Next Object by Type DOWN ARROW
Prior Object by Type UP ARROW
Cycle Through Object Navigation Types PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN
First Object CTRL+HOME
Last Object CTRL+END
Say Current Object INSERT+UP ARROW
Say All with Touch Cursor INSERT+DOWN ARROW
Route Touch Cursor to Focused Object INSERT+NUM PAD PLUS
Text Review NUM PAD SLASH or INSERT+ENTER
Advanced Navigation NUM PAD STAR
Londa

From: Londa Peterson
Actually, I use the keyboard commands for said gestures. I don't have a
touch screen on my Windows 7 computer. It seems to do what the JAWS cursor
used to do. I haven't had a whole lot of luck with the JAWS cursor of late,
and several people have told me that this works. So I decided to give it a
try, and it works quite well.
Londa

From: Londa Peterson
The touch cursor was introduced in JAWS 15 in order to allow JAWS to work
with modern apps. In Windows 8 and above you can use the touch screen with
gestures or keyboard commands that simulate the gestures. In Windows 7 you
can't use the screen gestures even if you happen to have a touch screen, but
you can use the keyboard commands. They've gotten me out of many a jam.
Lond

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the