With the JAWS default setting, there's no need to go to the numpad to use
INSERT as the JAWS key. I always use extended insert, except for a few
spelling commands which use the 5 on the numpad, which is different from
INSERT+5 of the extended keyboard to say colors.
In most keyboards, extended insert is just up to the DELETE key; in newer
ones I saw it just right to the right CTRL key, but it's less common.