Here's an interesting workaround possibility.  I've noticed that when an add or  music starts from a web page and I switch to Firefox View (alt control R) the noise stops.  Fireffox view does not work on web pages that have security blocks but it works on the majority of them including the NYTimes and the Washington Post.

On 9/12/2017 4:01 PM, JM Casey wrote:
Internet Explorer has an option in its preferences to disable sounds in
webpages. You could also try that. I don't use iE myself anymore and I
haven't found this option in Firefox, but I haven't really looked into it
extensively. Some of these pages that autoplay music have a frame in them
with a series of buttons, including one that lets you stop or pause the
audio. So depending on the page, also try navigating to buttons using "b",
or even using the find feature to look for a word like "stop" sometimes
works.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Valiant8086
Sent: September 12, 2017 2:46 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] stopping music

Sometimes hitting esc works. If your computer currently supportsx, is not
running the win 10 creaters update, you can make jaws fade away the
background music" pressing insert space, then uh, d?

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy
Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community -
http://valiantGalaxy.com";

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable on my ELBRAILLE 14>