From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Humberto Rodriguez
Sent: October 25, 2017 9:12 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Firefox Quantum is coming, and it doesn't like
screen-readers

Hello young Casey:

I am more than twice your age, began using computers with IBM DOS and MS
DOS, also Pick OS, the precursor of SQL, began using JAWS in 1989 with its
DOS 1.0 version, when through the horrible beginning of Windows when it was
totally inaccessible to us (until version 3.1), remember when we thought a
300 BAUD modem and the IBM AT (286) were super fast, the opening of the
Internet with Windows 95 but not for us until Arkenstone shared with
Henter-Joyce the way to access the OSM and HJ came out with JFW, many
subsequent terrifying changes; it is normal to resist them and now that they
seem to proliferate as a geometric progression,  it is becoming much more
difficult to catch up.

It is an act of balance, sometimes things become more difficult for a while,
but eventually somebody figures out a solution, there are many smart people
out there.  Just think where would we be if Ted Henter had not lost his
eyesight.

Have patience, things will work out, granted, not as fast as we would like,
but they will nevertheless.

Have you heard of a text-based browser called WebIE?  It was written by Dr.
Alasdair King from England , years ago and was totally accessible, very
fast.  I have not tried it with Windows 10, but used to work with Windows 7,
so it probably works with Windows 10 as well.  You might give it a tryand
see.

He has other excellent programs, notable Accessible Potcatcher, all free.

Regards,

Humberto