Hi everyone.

I was recently talking to some people designing a website, and attempting to
describe the experience using a screen-reader. I explained about quick
navigation, the virtual cursor/buffer, and the various types of elements to
which a screen-reader can quickly position its reading cursor. Although I
have yet to talk to the actual developer, and I think he might have a
greater understanding of this, I was unable to adequately describe a
"region", and how navigating by regions, or quickly jumping to the "main
region", has become essential on, for example, my bank website, which is
full of junk. Essentially, nobody seemed very familiar with this idea of
"regions".

I found this page:
https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/examples/landmarks/region.html

Which provides a decent explanation. I'm still only vaguely sure what aria
is, though.

Does anyone familiar with web-coding on the list feel like chiming in, I
wonder?