Hi Patti,

Being that the links were coming from a different program even though the
link was removed the text attributes might not have changed.  The steps I
gave in my first message were for links created in word using the hyperlink
field.  The CTRL with shift and f9 still might remove the link but the text
that is left might not match what you want.  You might want to check the
text for which you removed the links and see if the attributes changed or if
you have to change them.  If you use JAWS key F on the text that was a link
you can hear the attributes announced.  If at this point you need to change
the font, font size, color, etc. of the text you removed the hyperlink from,
and if you have nearby text you want to match, here is what to do.  Select
at least one character of the text you want matched and use CTRL with shift
and C to copy it.  Select the text that you removed the hyperlink from but
which retained the attributes applied by the origin program, and use CTRL
with shift and V to paste the formatting you copied.

Again, if you copy the links from another program you might just want to use
paste special and choose unformatted text.  However, if the links were
created with Word fields then using CTRL with shift and f9 is a quick way to
do it.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net