Miriam.
Another approach would be to create your email including the send to and
subject fields  and then write your message.
At the bottom of your message on a blank line press the Alt key. and right
arrow right once or until you here Insert.
Down arrow once and you will hear "include grouping attach file. Press
enter.
A window will open with a list of files that have  been recently open. This
list includes any file that you have recently edited and it may also contain
files you have recently saved such as an attachment someone has sent you.
It the file appears in that list, highlight it and press enter. The
attachment is in your message at the place where your cursor was sitting.
That is why it is good to be on a lank line. That avoids putting the
attachment somewhere like the middle of a line of text.
Is the file you wanted not in that list? Arrow to the bottom of the list and
the last entry will be "Browse this computer." Press enter and brows away.
When you find the file you want press enter on that file . It is now
attached.

Part of the reason that I like this approach is that most often I want to
send a file on which I have recently worked. The list of recent files keeps
me from having to navigate through folders and sub folders to find that
file. Even if I have to use the "browse this computer" approach, I won't
have to do the copy and paste steps. Once I have found that desired file,
pressing enter on it makes it an attachment. I am happy to answer any
questions.
Good luck.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely