From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:47 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Having a song play when an e-mail is opened?

Depending on which email program you use, you can do that, but if you want
it to open when the email is opened, then you have to make that segment of
your song a .wav file extension.

Once you convert that, you may need to edit down to a size that is less than
one MB.

Since you are using Outlook from Office 2010 as your email client, do the
following:

Use MsWord as your editor to create an email message.  In your office
program go
to Tools, Options, Mail tab; mail format.
On that tab, set your message format to HTML, plain-text won't work.
Hit Apply, and OK to Exit the options area.

Now, create a new message.  A dialog will pop up that Word is starting your
email editor.  There will be the typical email fields, (I don't know how
well
Jaws will read them -- I haven't tried this in my Office MsWord 2010
version.)

You will need a Web Tools toolbar, which you can make visible by hitting
View,
Toolbars, and finding the Web Tools option.

It will pop-up a small window with various icons.  One of them is the
"Sound"
icon, you may need to simulate a mouseclick on it; it will then pop-up the
background sound option.

You can then hit the Browse button and browse to your St. Patrick's Day
file.  I
said above that it needs to be in .wav format, but in looking around, it
also
supports  .mid, .midi, .au, .rmi, .aif and .aiff.
Many people recommend using .midi.

After you press open on the sound file, you can then choose how many times
you
want that message sound to play -- from one to five times, or to infinite
which
means it will play until the message is closed.