Hi All,

Okay, a long way of doing it, but here are steps for creating desktop URL
shortcuts.  Note:  If the shortcuts are made with Firefox, the shortcut will
only work if Firefox is your default browser.  I'll post steps for shortcuts
that can be assigned to open with a particular browser at a later time.
There may be an easier way, but here is what  I do to create a desktop icon
for a web page.

1. Open your browser to the desired website.

2. Press, Alt + D, to move to and highlight the address bar , or pressing,
F6, works as well.

3. Press, Control + C, to copy the URL to the clipboard.

4. Move to the desktop and make sure that nothing is selected.  Either press
F5 when on the desktop or hold down the control key and press the spacebar
to deselect anything that is already selected.

5. Press the, applications / context menu key, / right mouse click, to bring
up the context menu items.

6. Choose new from the menu and then choose create shortcut from the sub
menu.

7. A 2 stage dialogue opens. The default field is address.  Paste the
address from the desired web page into the address field and tab once to the
next button and press space bar.

8. A second page opens and the default field says 'type a name for the
shortcut.'  Type in a recognizable name for the shortcut and tab to next and
press space bar.

9. A finish button should appear.  Press space bar or enter on it and you
are done.

This is a bit convoluted, but it seems to work quite well.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the