Hi Mike and all,

If the confirmation message appears on the screen but JAWS is not saying it,
perhaps it's helpful to know that in Windows 10 balloons was replaced with
toasts, which like notifications in the Action Center are handled by the
ShellExperienceHost process, too unstable like most UWP apps and areas,
unfortunately increasing.
JAWS 17 and newer have a verbosity setting concerning Windows 10 notifications,
but it is not as accurate as balloon reading, which was being developed since
Windows XP.
If you have Windows 10 Pro, there's a group policy which allow to use balloons
instead of new toast notifications.
Press WINDOWS+R, type the following and then press ENTER:
gpedit.msc
In the three view go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Start
Menu and Taskbar.
When you reach Start Menu and Taskbar, tab to the list view.
In the list view, find the following policy:
Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts

Press ENTER to open properties of this policy, tab to the group of radio
buttons and change from Not Configured to Enabled, and press OK or ENTER.
When finished, restart the computer for this change to take effect.

By the way, File Explorer and other system and third-party apps which
previously shown balloons will do that exactly as in prior Windows versions,
including JAWS ability to simulate a left mouse click.

Hope it helps!