I Googled the problem.  There were solutions posted for Windows 10 Pro but
not for the Home version.  But I found this interesting.  It's not JAWS
fault, since it seems there is no message displayed.

Someone wrote:

I'm glad I found this thread... I am having a similar issue...

When "Safely Removing" using the Icon on the lower right of the Taskbar, the
Safe Removal confirmation message no longer appears...

There is just a quick blink on the Taskbar... Checking ThisPC afterwards
shows the drive in question has been removed...

Maybe Microsoft will fix this in a later update.

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.