-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dale Leavens
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 7:23 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] "Alert document is empty"

If you look at the document in Windows Explorer with View/Details selected
and it has a byte count of significantly more than 0 then you have the file
in all probability. It is most likely a graphic, that is, a picture of text.

What you are observing is that there is no text for NotePad or Adobe Reader
to display.

If you have Kurzweil or OpenBook or some other OCR programme you might be
able to get them to open the document and scan it to recognize text. This is

not usually all that satisfactory partly because the image may not be so
clear or well scanned and the software can't discriminate the text in it all

that well either.

Sometimes you can print the file to a good printer then scan that into a
programme like K1000 or OpenBook and get reasonable intelligence that way.

You probably have the full document, just not in a form you can use.
Frustrating isn't it.