I'm wondering if you might have to do that manually removing the rows/columns yourself.

I remember doing some sorting by names and Excel was picky on how the names were written separated by a comma with the last name first, it didn't seem to work on first names. I haven't done it in many years though and I used Office 2000 back then and I'm using 2003 now which probably isn't much difference. But I wondered if it was too much trouble to select the rows you didn't want and delete them or maybe you've already done this. I use Excel some doing very basic stuff and I might be way off base here in what you need to do. Then I wondered if the find and replace feature worked in Excel same as for Word. Maybe that would solve this problem for you in regards to duplications?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedl...@bellsouth.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Excel sorting summarizing

Hi I apologize for all the confusion.
In this example there are 100 rows of Ann and 100 rows for Annette.
The name Ann or Annette is in column f, comprising 200 records.
After sorting on column f, all rows for Ann are together from a1:f100.
So the first 100 rows have info for Ann in column F
Followed by next 100 rows for Annette from a101 to f200.
The duplication of rows is triggered by name Ann or Annette located in column F. If Excel can get rid of duplicates based on info in column 6 which is name Ann or Annette then only 1 row would be created for Ann and 1 row for Annette. ---- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Dunbar" <patricia-dun...@sbcglobal.net>