Yes, you first need to uninstall AVG Free Edition before installing AVGInternet Security. And you also need to disable Windows Firewall so that it does not conflict with the AVG firewall. But you can continue to use Windows Defender with AVG Internet Security. I recently dumpedAVG Network Edition (paid version) in favor of Microsoft Security Essenttials , which is free and outscord AVG at virus detection in a recent comparison test of leading anti-virus programs.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Hubley" <hubbor...@comcast.net>
To: "Jaws users" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:07 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] AVG FRee enough

Hi everyone,

I have heard much discussion about antivirus programs on this list, so I figured someone could give me a good answer. I am currently using AVG Free 8.5 and Windows Defender. I have been told that this does not really offer a good firewall. I am thinking of upgrading to AVG Internet Security, which I understand meets this need.
Does anyone have any good advice?
Secondly, if I already have the AVG free edition in my laptop, do I need to uninstall this before installing the AVG Internet Security?

Thanks much,
Russ