There is a Save option in the MSE File Download dialog, so you can first save the executable set-up and installation files before you remove Avast. When I first installed MSE, I saved the files in My Documents, then removed AVG and then initiated the MSE Set-up and Installation from the saved files. Be careful, because I understand that trying to remove Avast can be tricky, which is one of the reasons I never tried it.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan & Terrie Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] AVG Free enough

Gerald,

I have been contemplating switching to MSE but still have
Avast. When you click on the link you discuss, does it
download the file as an executable file you can keep on your
computer and then launch and install when ready or does it
simply download and install the current version from the
website? The reason I ask is I would have to uninstall Avast
first and would not want to do that and then have to go out
on the web unprotected to download MSE

thanks
Al